Azure Kinect firmware
Ensure that the firmware of your Azure Kinect is the latest version available - This is especially crucial when using multiple sensors with Depthkit Studio.
- Download and install the Azure Kinect SDK.
- Download the latest Azure Kinect firmware binary, and place it in the Azure Kinect SDK's
The firmware binary bundled with the Azure Kinect firmware tool isn't necessarily the latest firmware. As of firmware 1.6.110080014, the latest firmware is strangely only available via the link shared ad-hoc in Microsoft's Azure Kinect SDK GitHub's Issues section, and not on the Releases page, but we have confirmed directly with Microsoft's team that this is the latest version.
- Before updating firmware, ensure that Depthkit is closed and that no other applications are accessing the sensor cameras.
- Open Command Prompt, change directory to the folder containing the Azure Kinect SDK's
toolsfolder. This is usually in Program Files, for example:
C:\Program Files\Azure Kinect SDK v1.4.1\
- Update the firmware of every connected device using the command
AzureKinectFirmwareTool.exe -u <device_firmware_file.bin>(e.g.
AzureKinectFirmwareTool.exe -u firmware\AzureKinectDK_Fw_1.6.110080014.bin)
Updated 5 months ago